Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Country Ribs

Sunday’s dinner was Country Ribs and Mac N Cheese. I love to cook my Country Ribs the following way:

4 lbs Country Ribs (bone in or boneless)
1 bottle Dr. Pepper
Small onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves, smashed with skins removed
Liquid Smoke, 2 tsp (I just shake it really good into the pot)
BBQ Sauce (We’re digging KC Masterpiece Kansas City Style right now)

Heat a large pot over medium high heat. Sear ribs on all sides. Dump the soda, onion, garlic and smoke in the pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer until fork tender (about an hour). Heat oven to 400, put ribs in baking dish, baste on all sides with BBQ sauce. Bake 20-30 until bits of brown appear/sauce gets sticky. The other thing to do is to finish them on the grill.

I also will do this with frozen ribs, I’ll cook them in the pot for 1.5 hours or more.

Yum!

No comments: